Breakfast Banana Bread
Ripe, organic bananas and soft whole wheat flour make this the perfect bread for breakfast! This loaf was sweetened with NY maple syrup, made right here in the Catskill Mountains.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Stir the ground flax seed and almond milk together in a measuring cup and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash your bananas. (A fork works great for banana mashing!)
- Add the almond-flax mixture and the oil to the bananas and stir well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just mixed. (A fork is good for this step, too!)
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool ten minutes, then remove from pan. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Now your whole house smells delicious!
Your neighbors might smell the good things and drop in for coffee…
Recipe by Rachael