Woodstock Sanctuary is looking for an organized self-starter to be a part-time Office Assistant about 3 days a week. If you love animals this might be a good job for you.
This is a job that is both in the office and in the farm’s visitor center, and you’ll wear many hats.
Must be willing to work some weekends and live within commuting distance of zip 12495. Must adhere to a vegan lifestyle while on Sanctuary grounds. Valid driver’s license required. Starting salary $11/hour or based on experience.
- Answer phone calls from the public
- Assist with membership/donation acknowledgments
- Fulfill merchandise orders and track inventory
- Restock brochures at various locations via mail or drop off
- Run errands and make post office runs as needed
- Run the register at the visitor center 1 day/week
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed
- Assist with visitor center cleaning, including bathrooms
- Help with some room turnover and cleaning at our Guesthouse
- Assist the Office Manager as needed
- May require working one weekend day
Skills required are:
- Word and Excel proficiency; knowledge of Google Docs and databases a plus
- General knowledge of business practices (ability to compose a proper letter, good phone manners, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with no DUI’s or more than 2 points on license
- General knowledge of animal rights issues and veganism
- Retail experience helpful
- General computer nerdiness helpful