PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. YOU MAY SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR OUR FILES.
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary seeks to hire a full-time Programs Director who will be responsible for a wide variety of duties: answering general inquiries from the public; office management; fulfilling incoming membership and sponsorships; donation acknowledgements; managing online donor database; facilitating animal rescue and placement; coordinate and schedule volunteers and interns; event coordination; and web and e-newsletter assistance.
If a degree in Farm Animal Advocacy existed, it would be a requirement for this job. We’re seeking someone passionate about animal rights who ideally comes with knowledge about issues concerning farmed animals and the impact of industrialized animal agriculture.
Key Job Elements
- General E-mail & Phone Inquiries
- Volunteer and intern coordination
- Some writing and web content management
- Donor cultivation and database upkeep
- Process memberships and sponsorships
- Animal rescue & placement supervision
- Office and Visitor Center supervision
- Oversee responsibilities of Administrative Assistant and the Maintenance Manager
- Conduct sanctuary tours as needed
- Assist and coordinate fundraising events
- Public relations assistance
- Assist Directors as needed
- Commitment to WFAS’s goals, programs and mission
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets required and database software preferred. Mac experience & Google Doc knowledge a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Excellent social & communication skills
- Ability to work independently and oversee Admin Assistant responsibilities
- Previous experience in an office setting required
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Flexible with shifting priorities as sanctuary needs dictate
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Ethical vegan with farmed animal knowledge preferred
- Must own car and have valid driver’s license
- Starting salary $31-$34K depending on experience
- Health insurance covered 75% after 3 months
- 1 week vacation after 1 year, further benefits with seniority
You must be within commuting distance to Willow, NY, or, if moving here from another area, we encourage you to check out real estate listings at Ulster Publishing. Use zip code 12495 or Willow, NY, as your center point. Rents are cheaper north and west of Woodstock. We cannot emphasize enough that you must be serious about your move when applying for the job; otherwise you are wasting our time and we implore you not to do that as it is so limited. Thank you.