**THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED BUT YOU MAY APPLY TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION ON FILE**
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary seeks to hire a full-time Programs Manager who will help us accomplish our mission.
If a degree in Farmed Animal Advocacy existed, it would be a requirement for this job. We’re seeking a vegan individual who is passionate about animal rights and comes with knowledge about issues concerning farmed animals and the impact of industrialized animal agriculture.
You will be responsible for a wide variety of duties and wear many hats.
Key Job Elements
- You’ll be a face for the organization and creative force in helping further our mission
- Field e-mail & phone inquiries
- Coordinate large- and small-scale events and fundraisers
- Volunteer and intern coordination
- General communication, social media and web content management
- Donor retention and database upkeep
- Animal rescue & placement supervision
- Office and Visitor Center supervision
- Oversee responsibilities of the Administrative Associate and Guesthouse Caretaker
- Conduct sanctuary tours as needed
- Public relations assistance
- Assist sanctuary Directors as needed in a wide variety of projects
- Ethical vegan with farmed animal knowledge preferred
- Commitment to WFAS’s goals, programs and mission
- Must be good at multitasking and be a self-starter
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets required and database software preferred: Mac experience & Google Doc knowledge a plus
- Strong creative and technical writing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Excellent social & communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Flexible with shifting priorities as sanctuary needs dictate
- Must own car and have valid driver’s license
- Full-time; may require a schedule that includes a weekend day during open season (i.e. work Tues – Sat, off Sun & Mon)
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance covered 75% after 3 months
- 1 week vacation after 1 year, further benefits with seniority
You must be within commuting distance to Willow, NY, or, if moving here from another area, we encourage you to check out real estate listings at Ulster Publishing. Use zip code 12495 or Willow, NY, as your center point. Rents are cheaper north and west of Woodstock. We cannot emphasize enough that you must be serious about your move when applying for the job.
Please fill out the application below. If it is not appearing in your browser window you can use this link instead.