Woodstock Farm Sanctuary (WFS) is moving to a larger location in High Falls, NY, that will not only act as a farmed animal sanctuary but will also host camps, retreat groups, overnight visitors and a variety of educational and outreach events. We’re at a time in our growth where our operations and programs are greatly expanding. The position and its specific duties may evolve over time, and the candidate must be vegetarian or vegan; if not vegan, must be aspiring to veganism by the time of accepting the position.
Our ideal candidate is motivated, dedicated, dependable and willing to make personal sacrifices when necessary to ensure that the sanctuary and camp/retreat operations run smoothly. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be highly organized, detail oriented and have the ability to problem solve and multi-task. Creativity, vision and the ability to drive ideas forward are important. A positive mental attitude is essential. You will be joining a team of people devoted to providing excellent care to over 300 farm animals and advocating for veganism.
The Programs Manager will report to the Director of Operations and the Executive and Managing Directors.
You will be responsible for a wide variety of duties and wear many hats.
Key Job Elements
- You’ll be a face for the organization and creative force in helping further our mission
- Coordinate and assist in overseeing large and small scale events and fundraisers on and off-site
- Coordinate and oversee all school group visits, camps and retreats, and special event bookings at the sanctuary
- Volunteer and intern coordination
- General communication, social media and web content management
- Donor acknowledgements, retention and database upkeep
- Conduct sanctuary tours as needed
- Public relations assistance
- Assist sanctuary Directors as needed
- Field e-mail & phone inquiries
- Commitment to Woodstock Farm Sanctuary’s goals, programs and mission
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets required and database software preferred: Mac experience & Google Doc knowledge a plus
- Strategic planning and thinking,
- Strong creative writing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Excellent social & communication skills
- Flexible with shifting priorities as organizational needs dictate
- Must own car and have valid driver’s license
- Full-time; may require a schedule that includes a weekend day during open season (i.e. work Tues – Sat, off Sun & Mon)
- Salary range $35,000 – $40,000 based on experience
- Health insurance covered 75% after 3 months
- 1 week vacation after 6 months, further benefits with seniority
You must be within commuting distance to High Falls, NY, or, if moving here from another area, we encourage you to check out real estate listings at Ulster Publishing. Use zip code 12440, as your center point. We cannot emphasize enough that you must be serious about your move when applying for the job.
Please fill out the application below. If it is not appearing in your browser window you can use this link instead.