Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is looking for a full-time Shelter Manager. Duties include supervising the animal caregiver staff, overseeing health and treatments, managing volunteer and interns, overseeing adoptions and placements.
- Candidate must have animal shelter and managerial experience. Experience with large animals and/or farm animals is a giant plus.
- Due to the nature of the job you must be vegan or vegetarian to apply. Compliance to a vegan lifestyle while on the premises is required.
This role is responsible for oversight and management of animal care staff, shelter interns and volunteers. The job is split between both administrative and hands on animal care. It can be physically demanding at times and will require you to work outdoors in all kinds of weather with large and small farm animals. The manager and senior caregivers also maintain paperwork and electronic documentation for all the animal residents. Reliability and attention to detail is essential. Must be willing to work some weekends and live (or be willing to move) within commuting distance of zip 12440. Valid driver’s license req.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience (will need to be $50K to be exempt?). 75% of health insurance covered after 3 months. 1 week paid vacation after 1 year.
You must be within commuting distance to High Falls, NY,
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in fast-paced work environment
- Clean driver’s license
- Word, Excel, Filemaker and Google Docs experience desired. Mac experience helpful but not essential.
Required Credentials and Experience:
- At least 2 years of previous experience in shelter management
- Strong sense of affinity with the mission and goals of WFS
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
The job requires flexibility with schedule. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Executive Director. Competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and three references to Jenny Brown, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that the number of applicants allows us to respond only to those candidates who we are interviewing.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion.
NEED TO REVIEW APPLICATION