5 blocks organic tofu (firm)
1 1/2 tablespoon vegetarian chicken stock powder (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoon each; sage, thyme, summer savoury, black pepper
1/4 cup toasted sesame seed oil
1/2 cup tamari (soy sauce)
3-4 cups of your favourite stuffing
1. Mix together sesame oil and tamari, set aside.
2. In a large bowl break up the tofu well by hand or with a potato masher. Add herbs and pepper and vegetarian chicken stock powder (optional), mix well.
3. Line a medium, round bottomed colander with one layer of cheese cloth or a clean dish towel. Put the tofu mixture in colander and fold remaining cheese cloth over the top. Place the colander in the sink or over a large bowl and place a heavy weight on top. Press for approx. 2-3 hours (longer if soft tofu is used). Make your stuffing.
4. After pressing and with the tofu still in the colander, scoop out the center, leaving about an inch of tofu around the edges. Place your stuffing in the cavity. Put the tofu mixture you scooped out over the dressing and press down firmly.
5. Flip the formed turkey on to an oiled cookie sheet and brush the top with the oil and tamari mixture, cover with tin foil and place in a 350° oven for about 1 hour brushing with oil mixture every 15 min.
6. After 1 hour remove foil and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, watching carefully so as not to burn. At this stage you are forming the skin or crust. Brush 4-5 times more during this hour.
7. When the tofu turns a dark golden brown, remove from oven. Serve hot with mushroom gravy and all the trimmings.